Middle School Announcements
October 28, 2020
Raider Hoodies: If you purchased a Raider Hoodie, they are available for pick up at the middle school office!
Tillamook Family Counseling Center: 2021 calendar contest for grades 6-8. 13 drawings will be selected to be featured in the calendar. Theme is “when things change”. It will be sent to all Tillamook addresses. Some ideas for drawings could be ways of coping with change: such as taking a walk, reading, etc. If you are interested in entering the contest, call the office. Deadline for submission is November 6th.
Community Service: In order to be safe during the COVID-19, we have extended our community service acceptable activities. Here are some ideas that you can use to count toward your seven hours of community service each trimester.
- Any chores at home that you do not normally do and that you do not get paid for (dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc.)
- Helping a neighbor out (mowing their lawn, taking their garbage out, babysitting, etc.
- Creating art work and share it to the care center, so they can display it for others to enjoy
- Writing letters and sending them to service men and women.
- Doing a Zoom meeting with a family member who lives out of town and you don’t often see (grandparents, aunt and uncles, etc.)
- Ask your advisory if you are unsure.
- Once you complete an activity, have your parent email your advisory teacher with the following information:
- Number of hours
- Let’s do our part to help others, especially during these times of uncertainty!
Reminder: Please use your same color-coded bag to return any books/assignments/materials.
School Paperwork: Please be sure to send back the paperwork that was given to you during chromebook checkout day.
Mice- for your Chromebooks: We have mice available to use with your chromebook for any student that needs them. Please contact the office at 503.355.2990.
Yearbooks: There will be a yearbook this year. If you have any pictures you’d like to submit, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Chat: Mrs. Dilbeck will be available at 3pm on Thursdays. Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81565930958 (Teachers can you place this in your Google Classrooms) I will be personally inviting students to join me. Watch your email on Thursday mornings for this special invitation!
Be a member of the Neah-Kah-Nie Middle School Honor Roll team! In order to become a member of this amazing group of students you need to meet the following criteria:
- 7 hours of community service per trimester
- 3.5 GPA or greater
- 95% attendance rate
- No more than 1 referral each trimester
Rewards of being in Honor Roll:
- Recognition for efforts at assemblies
- Personal pride for your hard work and effort
- Celebrations at the end of each trimester
Sand Dollar Drawings!
- Hopefully you all have been receiving virtual Sand dollars for showing safe, respectful, and responsible behavior.
- There will be one student’s name draw from each grade level, each week. The winning student will get to choose a gift from the Sand Dollar Cart.
Family Chat Sessions:
When: Every Friday from 1:15-1:45
What: A time for you and your family to meet with teachers to ask questions
Where: Zoom Links are below
7th and 8th grade meeting: